Disclaimer: we highly advise that you consult with an IT professional if you choose to integrate the client portal and your website yourself. Please note that PracticePanther is not responsible for any discrepancies that may occur on your website due to this integration process.
Integrating a button for the client portal into your website is a relatively simple process, as long as you have access to your WordPress dashboard. If you're not using a WordPress website, we recommend reaching out to your developer/IT person to implement it for you.
This article is divided into two sections:
Integrating the client portal button on a page
Firstly, make sure you have the button you would like to use. Feel free to reach out to our training or support team if you would like us to send you our in-house buttons. Once you have your button, follow the steps below.
1) Log into your WordPress dashboard, select Media, and "Add New" to upload your desired button.
2) Select your button.
3) Once uploaded, go into your PracticePanther settings, where you'll find the link to the client portal under "Client Portal, Logo & Colors". Copy the client portal login URL.
4) Click on "Pages" and select the page on which you would like to upload your button.
5) Click on "Add Media".
6) Select the button you would like to use, and click on "Edit Image" to resize it (if necessary).
7) If you're resizing, enter the desired dimensions and hit "Save". If not, skip to step 8.
8) Set "Link To" to "Custom URL" and paste the client portal link (the one copied in step 3 above.) Then click "Insert into page".
9) You'll find the button in the form of HTML code. Move (or copy/paste) the code on your page to set the exact location of the button. Click on "Update" to publish the button to your website.
What happens now?
The button will appear on your website. Your clients can click on that button to log into their client portal.
Adding the client portal link to the top header of your website
1) Log into your WordPress dashboard, click on "Appearance", and select "Menus".
2) Click on "Create a new menu". Give your menu a name, and then click on "Create Menu".
3) Select the "Custom Links" dropdown, and paste the client portal URL in the "URL" field (see step 3 of the previous section to see where to find the client portal URL).
Enter the desired name for the menu item in "Link Text". Click "Add to menu" when finished.
4) The menu has been added (it should now appear under "Menu Structure").
5) Select the location you'd like this menu to appear in "Display Settings", and click on "Save Menu".
What happens now?
The new menu item will now appear at the top of your page. When clicking on it, it takes you straight to the PracticePanther login page.