Required Plan: This feature is available on our Essential and Business plans. Click here to read more on our available plans.
The PracticePanther Add-in for Outlook makes the archiving of emails a simple matter of clicking a button. The Add-in automatically finds any contacts in PracticePanther associated with the specific email address, and allows you to create new contacts, and time entries in PracticePanther directly from Outlook.
Note: Outlook Add-ins require Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange. Outlook 2013 or newer is required.
To connect Outlook (Desktop Version) and PracticePanther, watch this video or follow the steps found below:
If you're using the browser version of Outlook, click here to watch the tutorial video.
Below you will find a start to finish tutorial covering everything you will need to know regarding our Outlook Add-in. Jump to the topic of interest by clicking on a title in the index below.
Activating the Add in
1) To activate the Add-in in Outlook Desktop, click on the "Store" button. The icon may vary depending on your Outlook version (some Outlook version call it "Get Add-ins" instead of "Store", see second screenshot).
2) Search for PracticePanther, and click "Add".
3) The PracticePanther button will now appear. Click on the button to open the Add-in. Note: This button only appears when viewing an email.
Creating a new contact
If the contact you received an email from isn't an existing contact in PracticePanther, the Add-in will indicate "0 contacts found", and will give you the option to add a contact.
1) Click "Add" next to the email address of the person you would like to add as a contact in PracticePanther.
2) Fill out the contact fields as you would in PracticePanther, and click on save.
Sync your email to PracticePanther
If the contact you received an email from is an existing contact in PracticePanther, or you just added them as a contact, you're able to directly sync the open email to the corresponding contact in PracticePanther by clicking "Log Email".
Note: If you just created the contact from this email, you may need to click "Back to contacts", and open the existing contact once more to refresh the page and see the "Log Email" button.
Sync your email to a specific contact in PracticePanther
You can sync your email to any contact in PracticePanther. To find a specific contact to sync the email to, follow the steps below.
1) Click on the menu button in the Add-in.
2) Click on "Home".
3) In the search field, type the name of the contact or matter you would like to sync the email to.
4) Click on "Log Email".
Sync attachments with the email to PracticePanther
After logging your email, you can choose to sync the attachment(s) with the email as well.
Scroll down in the PracticePanther Add-in window, through the logged email page. PracticePanther will automatically display the attachment(s). Click on "Upload" to sync them to PracticePanther.
Note: These uploaded attachments will be visible in the contact or matter's "Files" tab.
Create a new Time Entry in PracticePanther
After syncing the email to PracticePanther, you can directly log a time entry.
1) Click on the "New Time Entry" button.
2) Fill out the new time entry fields as you would in PracticePanther, and click on save.
What happens now?
Emails synced from Outlook to PracticePanther will appear in the respective contact's activities tab.