PantherPayments gives you the ability to request retainer payments from your clients without needing an invoice. You can even choose whether to receive the payment into your Operating or Trust/Escrow account. In PracticePanther, these payments will be tied to the Client and Matter selected and can be applied to pay off future invoices.
To request payment from your client follow the steps below:
1) Click on the white "New" button located in the menu bar at the top left of PracticePanther.
2) Select "Payment".
3) Select the Contact and Matter for which you'll be requesting a payment.
4) Select "Add a Retainer" and click "Request Payment".
5) Select the amount to charge and select the appropriate account.
6) Click "Preview Request".
7) Review the message and click "Email" to send the payment request to your client.
What happens now?
Your client will receive an email with a link to make a payment to the assigned account on their matter. The payment will be deposited into your bank through PantherPayments, and show as a retainer on the Contact and Matter in PracticePanther. This can also be used later to pay off future invoices.