To export data from PCLaw, follow the instructions below:
Please note these instructions are for Version 14 or earlier of PCLaw.
Contacts and Matters:
- Click File > Matter > Export
- Pick Layout Name > OpenMatt
- Click Change
- Click Main Tab and check all fields
- Select Address Tab and check all fields
- Click OK
- Under Output File Information select Browse and pick destination
- Click Export
- When asked to save changes click Yes
- Select Active Cases for open matters
- Click OK to start Export
- Repeat the same steps into a Word Document format. This will provide you with the headers.
- Repeat steps 1 - 11 for Closed Matters on Step 10 pick Inactive and/or Archived Cases
Unbilled Time and Expenses Entries (WIP):
- Click Reports > Client > Fee Listing
- On the Common tab select a date range
- On the Other tab check all boxes except billed items to get unbilled entries
- You can filter by Lawyer if you so choose
- Click OK and the report will display on screen
Once the upload has been completed, inform your Customer Success Manager so we may begin the migration process.