To export your data from Outlook, follow the instructions below:
- In Outlook on a PC, choose File. If your ribbon doesn't have a File option in the top left corner, you're not using Outlook on a PC.
- Choose Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a file.
- Choose Comma Separated Values.
- In the Select folder to export from box, scroll to the top if needed and select the Contacts folder that's under your account. Choose Next.
- Choose Browse, name your file, and choose OK.
- Confirm where your new contacts file will be saved on your computer, and choose Next.
- Choose Finish to start exporting your contacts immediately. Outlook doesn't display any message when the export process is complete but the Import and Export Progress box goes away.
- Locate the new .csv file on your computer and open it with Excel to verify your contacts are there. You'll likely have a lot of empty cells. That's normal.
- Hand your file to your over to your Customer Success Manager so we can begin the migration process.
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In the opening Import and Export Wizard, Under Choose an action to perform, select Export to a file, and then click Next to continue.
- In Export to a File dialog, please select Comma Separated Values, and then click Next.
- Select folder to export from, select Calendar from Outlook Data File that is under your account, and then click Next.
- When the Export to a File dialog displays, click Browse… button to select the destination of the file.
- Browse and choose the destination where the file can be saved. Name the file and click OK to close the dialog.
- When the screen returns to the previous Export to a File dialog, click Next to continue.
- Another Export to a File should appear, click Finish to export your Outlook calendar.
- In the Set Date Range dialog box, please specify the date range you will export calendar within, and click the OK button.
Procedure for exporting data from Outlook on the web:
- At the bottom of the page, select to go to the People page.
- On the toolbar, select Manage > Export contacts.
- Choose to export all contacts or only contacts from a specific folder, and then select Export.
- At the bottom of the page, select Save to save "contacts.csv" in your default Downloads folder. Or, select the arrow next to Save and select Save as.
Once you have obtained your files, please hand them over to your Customer Success Manager in order for us to begin the migration process.