Roles & Access levels allow you to limit other users from accessing certain features in the software.
For example: You might want to limit what your paralegal can see and access in the software, like the company's financial summary in the dashboard.
Please watch this video or follow the steps below:
1) Click on your name on the top right, then click "Settings". Scroll down to the "User Settings" section and click "Roles". Otherwise you can simply click here.
2) Click on "New Role". You may also hover over an existing role and click "Edit" to make changes.
Note: "Admin" role cannot be edited or deleted.
3) Name the role based on who it may best apply to, and begin removing check marks for features you'd like to limit.
"Feature Access Levels" are broken down in two columns. The first column controls what a user can do with only contacts that they're assigned to, where the second column controls what a user can do with everyone.
4) Scroll down and toward the bottom you'll see another section called "Access Restrictions". This option will allow you to control the location this user is able to access PracticePanther from. For more information on setting this up, click here!
5) When you're satisfied with your access role, click "Save".
6) On your "Users" page, find the user you want to apply the role to and click "Edit".
7) Under "Personal Settings", find the "Role" field, and change the option from "Admin" to the role of your choice. Then, scroll down and click "Save".
What happens now?
In the example role below, I've limited the user from being able to modify ANY invoice, and from being able to edit activities unless the user is assigned to the contact.
If the user tries editing ANY invoice, or a task, event, email or note for a contact they're not assigned to, they will get the following "ROAR!" message, scaring them away instead.