PracticePanther is fully complying with the EU's new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as of May 25, 2018.
Some of the key changes include:
- The legislated requirements to protect against privacy and data breaches now apply to the processing of personal data in the EU, regardless of the location of the processing server or entity.
- Data portability - The right of any software user to obtain their personal data.
- For more information regarding the GDPR act, click here.
How we comply with GDPR:
- Click here to read articles on our support forum of how we comply.
- Click here to read our updated terms of service.
- Click here to see the data PracticePanther’s WordPress has with your email address, and the ability to anonymize that data.
- Click here to contact our designated GDPR data protection officer for any questions or requests.
Other changes we've made to comply:
- Installed 3 GDPR WordPress plugins across the entire website to ensure full compliance. When you submit any contact form, or any information on our site, you agree with the storage and handling of your data by our website. There are now check-boxes on certain contact forms to ensure compliance.
- Added a “cookie confirmation” dialog for everyone in Europe to confirm they accept that our WordPress website has cookies.
- Ensured our chat system powered by Intercom is fully compliant with GDPR regulations, especially in regards to data storage and exporting.
- Revamped our internal processes and procedures to ensure full compliance, especially in regards to data migration, exporting, anonymity, API partnerships, and more.
- Dedicated a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to help with any data requests or questions. You can reach them by going to https://PracticePanther.com/gdpr/contact
Security features to help you protect your firm and data:
- Access roles - Prevent people from seeing or editing certain data.
- Two-factor authentication - Login with your password and a unique code sent to your phone.
- HIPAA Compliance with Box.com - Integrate and store your sensitive data with Box.com.
- Security at PracticePanther - Learn how we protect your data with SSL certificates, real-time data backups, login throttling, and more.
We'd like to reassure you that we are fully complying with the GDPR act, and we're committed to helping you address your regulatory compliance needs.