Required Plan: This feature appears on all of our available plans! Click here to read more on the plans we offer
Manually moving your information to PracticePanther sounds like a Herculean task. That's why we've made it for you easy to import it!
Prior to uploading events, you are going to need:
Ensure that the contacts and matters you want to link events to have a “Contact Number” and a “Matter Number”.
Download the Events import template.
Once you have the template downloaded, fill in the template with the appropriate information. Each row corresponds to one event and you should fill in the information accordingly.
1) ContactNumber: Column A is for the contact number, this is how the import tool knows what contact to link to the event. Make sure to enter the contact number of the contact you wish to link the event to into this column. Alternatively, you can leave it empty if the event is only linked to a matter.
2) MatterNumber: Column B is for the matter number, this is how the import tool knows what matter to link to the event. Make sure to enter the matter number of the contact you wish to link to the event to into this column. In the same manner, you can leave it empty if the event is only linked to a contact.
StartDateTime: Column C is the date and time at which the event begins. The formatting you need to use for this column is MM/DD/YY HH: MM AM/PM. If your date format is different, you can apply the required formatting for the whole column using Excel as in the example below.
EndDateTime: Column D is the date and time at which the event ends. You will need the same formatting as the StartDateTime column, and you can apply it using Excel as in the example above. The date and time in this column must be greater than the start date and time, otherwise, the event will not be uploaded.
IsAllDay: Column E is to indicate whether it is an “All Day Event”. If the event takes the whole day, enter "Yes", if not, enter "No". Please note that regardless of the date and time you enter in the StartDateTime and EndDateTime columns, if this column is set to yes, once the event is uploaded into PracticePanther the times will be overwritten. The start time will be set to 12:00 AM and the end time will be set to 11:59 PM. The dates, however, will be kept the same.
Subject: Column F is the title of the Event. This is the main title the event will show inside of PracticePanther.
Description: Column G is the description of the Event. If there is no description, you may leave it empty.
AssignedTo: Column H is for the users assigned to the event. You will need to enter the email address associated with the user in PracticePanther. You can also assign multiple users to an event by separating each email address by a comma.
Tags: Column I is for tagging the Event. You can apply multiple tags to an Event by separating each tag by a comma. Please keep in mind that you will first need to create it for the import tool to take it. These tags can be created under “Activity Tags” on the settings page. For more information about tags, please see the tags tutorial.
The only fields that are not required are the Description and the Tags, however, if your event is not linked to any of your contacts or matters, you can leave both fields blank. You will still get notified and it will show on your calendar.
What happens now?
Now that your events template is complete, you may proceed with uploading the file. Please note that you shouldn't change the Excel file extension since a CSV file is required.
To upload an event, follow these steps:
1) Go to the Activities tab in PracticePanther.
2) Click on the "Import" button located at the top right of the page.
3) Click on the drop-down menu and select "Task". Then Click on "Select File" and search for the events file on your computer. If you want us to take a look at the upload, set "SEND STATUS UPDATE TO TECH SUPPORT" to "Yes".
If you run into any issues importing the data, please feel free to contact our support staff and we will be more than happy to assist you.