There are many different scenarios in which you may have to create a credit note for a specific amount. This feature is similar to a write-off, except that you can specify the exact amount that should be written off an invoice, or simply to store the credit on the contact or matter ahead of time.
To generate a credit note, follow the steps below:
1) Click on the white "New" button at the top of the screen, and select "Invoice".
2) Click on "More Options", and select "Give a Credit".
3) Select the contact and or matter who you'll be applying this credit to.
4) In the "Flat Fees" section, double click on the first column, and give your credit a name (in the screenshot we used the name "Credit", but it can be anything).
Set the quantity to "-1", and add the total credit amount in the "Price" column.
5) Make sure that all the options at the bottom are disabled, and hit save.
What Happens Now?
You can now apply a credit to a invoice with a balance.