Note: creating flat fee items and flat fee reporting is a feature only included within our Business paid subscription. To find out more, please click here!
On PracticePanther, to generate a Pre-bill simply generate and save an invoice. This "Saved" invoice is your Pre-bill that you can print out, review, and adjust as needed.
A Pre-bill is not considered "Finalized" until you've sent the invoice to your client.
To learn how to generate invoices, follow this guide.
1) To edit an existing pre-bill, open the invoice, and click on the blue pencil at the top of the invoice.
2) To edit an existing line-item on an invoice, click on the pencil on the left side of the line item.
Note: If you edit line-items by double clicking on the fields in the invoice, it will only edit the invoice, not the time-entries/expenses in the matter and or contact.
3) When clicking on the "+ Time Entry" button, you have two options:
1. New Line Item - this will generate a new item on the invoice only, but not in the matter and or contact.
2. New Time Entry - this will generate a new time entry on the invoice, and log it in the matter and or contact as well (just like any other regular time entry).
Pro Tip: If you want to wait for your invoices to be approved before paying them, unselect the "Use Operating Account/Trust Account balance to pay this invoice?" before saving.
To learn how to pay your invoices in bulk using available retainer, click here.
To find out how to add a retainer ledger and balance onto your invoices, click here.